STEPHEN CAIN – President
Dr. Stephen Cain is a Health Coach who has focused his studies and his practice on brain health and performance. While in Chiropractic school at Life University in Marietta, GA he enrolled in a post graduate diplomat program called Functional Neurology. This is a field focused on natural ways to optimize the human brain. He has also been doing his own extensive research on neuroplasticity for the last 8 years. He leads various workshops, exercise courses, and seminars on brain health in the greater San Jose area. Dr. Cain is also an award winning public speaker which allows him to effectively communicate complex neurological concepts in a simple and understandable language.
- ACE Certified Health Coach 2016
- Brain Health and Performance Workshop Instructor 2013-Present
- Over 8 years of personal studies into brain health
- 260 hours of completed coursework in Functional Neurology
- Life University Neurology Club officer 2009-2011
- Life University Neurology Club member 2008-2011
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Life University Marietta, GA 2011 (Cum Laude)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Bootcamp Instructor Marietta, GA 2007
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI 2007
Charles Hall – executive director
Charles is a long time resident of the South Bay Area. Ever since the age of eleven he has been interested in physical fitness and ever since his college years he has been interested in a healthy diet. After graduating college Charles became licensed as a vocational nurse and worked as a psychiatric nurse for about a year and four months. While working as a nurse Charles was inspired to nip the problem of poor health and bad lifestyle habits in the bud and decided to pursue Professional Health and Wellness Coaching.
Charles started his own health coaching business and worked with individuals who wanted to increase their enthusiasm for life and energy levels. Charles is very passionate about health and one of his favorite healthy activities is connecting with nature by going out into the wilderness and foraging for wild edible plants. One of his favorites is milky oat seed! It’s plentiful and fun to work with!
- Bachelor’s of Art in Global Studies from UCSB, graduated with Honors
- Certificate in Professional Health and Wellness Coaching from HealthCoachingU
- Placed in the Division Level for Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest
- Advanced Communicator Bronze Toastmaster
- Competent Leadership Toastmaster
- Former CEO of the South Bay Energized Life Forum (formerly Silicon Valley Health Forum)
- President of Wellness Toastmasters in Palo Alto
KIRSTEN JOHNSON – FITNESS AND WELLNESS SPECIALIST
Kirsten Johnson is a fitness guru from Europe who is known for bringing new fitness and wellness programs into the fitness world. She moved to the United States in 2000 and has worked as International Fitness Educator, Studio Owner, and Group Fitness and Pilates Manager for high end fitness companies such as Meridian Spa, The Sporting Club, Equinox and Leisure Sports in California.
Kirsten started to teach group fitness in 1984, and by 1987 she was elected as NIKE Elite presenter Germany and received the ‘Haute Couture’ Award as the most innovative and trendsetting group fitness manager and program creator for programs such as “Healthy Back Workout”, ‘World Dance Workout” and “Pilates Power Play”.
Kirsten made her name in the fitness industry as an International presenter who integrates fitness, wellness and nutrition. As a certified NASN Sports Nutritionist, Kirsten is currently introducing a new lifestyle changing nutrition program from Europe called “EuroCleanse21” to the U.S. market.
Her extensive experience in the fitness and wellness industry coupled with her love for movement and healing led her to new and innovative training methods. Combining her background in psychology and dance, Kirsten is teaching programs such as NIA™, a blend of dance arts, martial arts and healing arts in classes and in workshops integrating the power of intentions.
- UNIVERSITY OF HAMBURG, Germany
- Physical Education and Sport Science – Martial Arts and Dance
- UNIVERSITY OF LUENEBURG, Germany
- M.A. Psychology
- BA in Social Service Studies, Dance Therapy
- UNIVERSITY OF ZURICH, Switzerland
- Certified NSM ™ Neurodynamic Self-Management Coach
- NASN certified Sports Nutritionist
- Master Instructor for Pilates, Yoga, NIA, BOSU and GRAVITY
- National Trainer for Pilates and Yoga workshops (AFAA)
- Master Trainer for Barre Above™
- Certified AFAA / ACE Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer
DR. INNA ROZENTSVIT - MEDICAL ADVISOR
Inna Rozentsvit, M.D., PhD – is a psychoanalytically trained neurologist and neurorehabilitation specialist, and a founder of the Neurorecovery Solutions, Inc., a non-profit organization, which utilizes interdisciplinary approach in providing evaluations, builds patient oriented teams, and provides neuro-psycho-educational support to neurologically impaired individuals and their families. Main conditions that the Neurorecovery Solutions team is involved in are various strokes, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s disorder and Parkinsonian syndromes, neuropsychiatric syndromes, visual perception disorders, gait and balance disorders, and many others.
Dr. Rozentsvit is also an administrator and scientific faculty member of the Object Relations Institute (ORI) for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis in NYC, where she teaches the introductory and advanced courses on neurobiology for psychotherapists/ psychoanalysts/ other mental health practitioners, as well as neurobiology of parent-child bonds and development, and the basics of neuropsychoanalytic thinking (http://www.orinyc.org/Inna_Rozentsvit.html). Popularizing neuropsychoanalytic thinking and neuropsycho-education are Dr. Rozentsvit’s passions. Visit her NeuroPsychoEducation Blog at http://innarozentsvit.com/ .
Dr. Rozentsvit is also a founder and editor-in-chief of the ORI Academic Press and its on-line transdisciplinary publication, the MindConsiliums (http://www.mindconsiliums.org/ ); and the editor-in-chief of the MindMend Media, Inc., a small company which assists all mind-mending professionals with their practice promotion and publication needs.
Dr. Rozentsvit can be reached by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
GARGI VARMA - BUSINESS STRATEGY ADVISOR
Gargi Varma, based out of Virginia, is our Business Strategy Advisor with over twenty years of business and technology consulting experience. Passionate about building a data-driven culture in organizations of all sizes, she helps clients optimize their performance and customer experience. As a mentor to several small businesses with niche product and service offerings, Gargi understands their unique challenges. On a personal side, her support of Whole Brain Health’s mission stems from having seen two close relatives suffer from dementia.